Skip to main content

Fall has fallen...

Well as much "Fall" as it can get in September here anyways. Kiddos are back in school, and it's going..well...meh....ok I guess. Ry hasn't been the target of bullies yet, so I'm pretty thankful for that, but I'm still gonna be keeping an eye and ear out.
Jake isn't impressed with 2nd grade, I think he's bored, honestly. He asked me if he could just skip 2nd and go to 3rd grade, and I almost went for it.
But then I hark back to my days in elementary, when they wanted to advance me a grade, and my mom asked me about it, allegedly I said "no" and that I'd rather stay with my own class. So I'm thinking that even tho academically Jake may be ready for 3rd grade, emotionally he's not.
He's such an academic snob though. Seriously! He tells me quite frequently that he just wishes everyone would learn how to "shut their piehole" (gulp, a pickup from me, I'm afraid) and quit bugging him in class. I told him he wouldn't make many friends with that attitude, and he said "I don't need friends to get ahead when I'm grown up, I need to learn." So serious for one so young. He didn't really develop this attitude until after George died, so it may be some fallout from that.
Everything else seems to be going ok on the homefront. I still take care of my youngest niece during the day while I pine away looking for an EMT job. I'm getting so discouraged...so I decided to pick up another Associate's Degree, this one in Medical Billing and Coding, with an online school. Well, they're a regular brick and mortar campus, they just happen to have online classes, kinda like the college I got my EMT certification from. So in 15 months, if all goes well, I'll have my degree, and if the job search for EMT hasn't gotten any better, at least I'll have a backup plan.
I'm also considering Lap-Band surgery. I've reached my highest weight ever, and it's taking a physical, emotional and mental health toll on me. I've tried every other diet and diet aid I can afford, and nothing works. I think most of my weight gain came when I started the BiPolar med Risperdal. Evil stuff, going to talk to the doctor about getting off of it and trying something else.
Anyway. I'm back to guiding in the land of Norrath now. That's Everquest for you non-gamer folks :) Pretty happy doing it too.
Now if I can just get a few other thigns going my way, life will be pretty good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice to see you're blogging again Melissa, I missed you =)

I hope that this Lap-Band surgery thing isn't dangerous, and that if you'll do it, it will be from the right reasons.

Good luck with your Associate's Degree, and if I haven’t said so already, I really admire you and think you are very talented and responsible woman.

Anyway, good luck.

Din
Melissa said…
Thank you Din :) No, the Lap-Band surgery really isn't very dangerous at all, it's actually much safer than any other weight loss surgery.
Thank you for your compliments and reading my blog. I hope all is well with you and you are doing much better these days :)
Melissa

Popular posts from this blog

Boredom....

Boredom is setting in, I've been on the phones for an hour and no calls. I know it'll be back to back here in a couple of hours, so I'm enjoying the peace while I can. I'm currently debating whether or not I have time to rip off my headset, dash to pee, and get back before a call comes in. My luck, probably not. And I don't want to waste my precious break time. I save that for when the call flow is heavy LOL I really do like my job. Seriously. This is like THE job to have. Sitting at home, just listening to customers whine and bitch about their internet. Having a smoke, having some wine. Just kickin back and relaxing. Sometimes I can't believe I get paid to do this. And of course I worry that the project I'm on is gonna come to a screeching halt one day. But with the current call volume the way it is, and predicted to get higher by winter, I doubt it. There are some agents that have been on this project for 2 years. So it doesn't look like it's going

We got it! We got it!

Today's date was hovering over me like a rain cloud. I could barely sleep last night, wondering what today would portend. Today was the day we would get "the call." The call that would change our lives. The call that would tell us whether we got approved for a new house or not. 10 a.m. No phone call. 11 a.m. I called and left a message. 12:37pm, she called. I answered the phone with a hitch in my breath and fevered prayer to God. She sounded happy when she said Hello. Good sign. Then I heard the magical words "You're approved!" But there was a catch. We weren't approved for a brand new home, the one we'd painstakingly chosen flooring and wallcovering for. We'd been approved for a repo. Neither Bruce nor myself realized there was another option besides approval or denial. The repos are all in great shape, like brand new, and we can even use our first-time home buyer's credit as a downpayment. So now all we have to do is get the property tax in

Just...Wow....

I've been here since 2004. 5 years. I didn't realize I'd been blogging that long. I don't think anyone reads my blogs anymore but that's ok. I like to come back for sentimentality sake. I'm heartbroken that ALL of my private diary I had saved on my hard drive was obliterated a month ago as the hard drive died a slow and painful death. Normally they can get the information off the drive by mounting it on their server, but the drive wouldn't respond. Period. It was cold dead. Which means I lost pictures and documents from about 2007 onwards. Highly treasured photos at that. Maybe it's for the best that my kids don't read all that garbage I used to write about George. Entries upon entries of disgust, contempt, borderline hate. Maybe it is better to just put it all behind me and let them have what little memory of him they have left. Jake has no memory of him hardly at all, and Ry remembers very little. The memories will fade as they get older, I'm c