Skip to main content

Just...Wow....

I've been here since 2004. 5 years. I didn't realize I'd been blogging that long. I don't think anyone reads my blogs anymore but that's ok. I like to come back for sentimentality sake. I'm heartbroken that ALL of my private diary I had saved on my hard drive was obliterated a month ago as the hard drive died a slow and painful death. Normally they can get the information off the drive by mounting it on their server, but the drive wouldn't respond. Period. It was cold dead. Which means I lost pictures and documents from about 2007 onwards. Highly treasured photos at that. Maybe it's for the best that my kids don't read all that garbage I used to write about George. Entries upon entries of disgust, contempt, borderline hate. Maybe it is better to just put it all behind me and let them have what little memory of him they have left. Jake has no memory of him hardly at all, and Ry remembers very little. The memories will fade as they get older, I'm certain.

So what am I up to now? Well, the degree proved to be a waste of time, at least at this present point in my life. Due to legal ramifications that I won't go into, I can't get a job in that field. But God has seen fit to lead me to a much more satisfying and rewarding job. I have worked with Cloud 10 since April 19th of this year. I am an At Home Professional. I log into their Virtual Private Network, so it's a workstation of sorts on my computer, and I take Customer Service calls from my computer. Pretty good money for having a job where I can still be here with the kids, smoke at my desk, have no commute, and not have to buy a new wardrobe!

And herein, my friends, lies my reason for posting today. I have applied for a Supervisor position with the company. This would require me to move to the Denver, CO area. The kids are excited about the possible move. My mother is less than thrilled, to put it politely. However, this would be the fresh start that we so desperately need in our lives. I thought I would never live anywhere else but Texas, but I am praying desperately that I am accepted for this position. We are told to have faith when we pray, and I'm clinging with fingertips to that faith. I tend to get down on myself when I get my hopes up for something great, and sometimes I wonder if that's why God doesn't always answer my prayers the way I would so like Him to do, is because I didn't have faith and trust Him. This time, while I am worrying about it to some degree, I am also putting my absolute faith and trust in Him to do what's best for us. I have asked everyone I know to pray for me as well, that I get this position. So if you're reading this, I'm asking you too.

School starts Monday, Jake is going into 4th grade (his last year at elementary) and Ryan is going to 7th grade. Ry is still in the Community School for at least 3 weeks until school "settles in" and then we will meet to discuss his maturity over the summer and whether or not he should be allowed to move back to the regular campus. I dislike the meetings with the school, as I always leave there feeling unhappy and dissatisfied. This time, I have armor with me who will not back down. Back in March, I asked a friend from USM to share my place, and help each other out through some really financially difficult times we were both having. He's been a great mentor for the kids, even through they sometimes frustrate him like mad, and he's been a good companion for me. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, romantic afoot, and never will be. He is like the older sibling I never had. So, since he has an interest in Ryan's welfare and well-being, he will attend the meeting at the school with me, and we won't leave until we get him back into regular school. If they refuse, I'm going to legal aid and take it to court. If the court decides in the school's favor, I will take him out completely and homeschool him. I could rant and rave for hours about the things I dislike about this school, but I won't bore you with the details. I hate it, Ryan hates it. And I'm doing an injustice to my son to allow him to be forced to stay there.

I'll close...just keep me in prayer and I will update when I know more...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Mel, I'm sorry to dissapoint you but you have at least one person who reads your blog. :) I will be praying for you to get the job and for luck with the school board. Hoping you're having a great day.

Much love from Israel :)

Din
Melissa said…
Oh Din I'm so glad you're still around!! How are you doing my friend? I need to come here more often, I was looking for your blog the other day when I posted mine! It's so good to see you!
Much love back at ya from Texas :)
Mel

Popular posts from this blog

We got it! We got it!

Today's date was hovering over me like a rain cloud. I could barely sleep last night, wondering what today would portend. Today was the day we would get "the call." The call that would change our lives. The call that would tell us whether we got approved for a new house or not. 10 a.m. No phone call. 11 a.m. I called and left a message. 12:37pm, she called. I answered the phone with a hitch in my breath and fevered prayer to God. She sounded happy when she said Hello. Good sign. Then I heard the magical words "You're approved!" But there was a catch. We weren't approved for a brand new home, the one we'd painstakingly chosen flooring and wallcovering for. We'd been approved for a repo. Neither Bruce nor myself realized there was another option besides approval or denial. The repos are all in great shape, like brand new, and we can even use our first-time home buyer's credit as a downpayment. So now all we have to do is get the property tax in

Boredom....

Boredom is setting in, I've been on the phones for an hour and no calls. I know it'll be back to back here in a couple of hours, so I'm enjoying the peace while I can. I'm currently debating whether or not I have time to rip off my headset, dash to pee, and get back before a call comes in. My luck, probably not. And I don't want to waste my precious break time. I save that for when the call flow is heavy LOL I really do like my job. Seriously. This is like THE job to have. Sitting at home, just listening to customers whine and bitch about their internet. Having a smoke, having some wine. Just kickin back and relaxing. Sometimes I can't believe I get paid to do this. And of course I worry that the project I'm on is gonna come to a screeching halt one day. But with the current call volume the way it is, and predicted to get higher by winter, I doubt it. There are some agents that have been on this project for 2 years. So it doesn't look like it's going