Skip to main content

Well...*sigh*

My how things have changed since my last blog. I need to keep this on my "to-do" list and check in more often, if anyone actually reads this.

My husband died 2 days after Christmas '05. I did a Legacy.com tribute to him here.

The boys have coped with the loss so very differently. Ry's very emotional and has been hospitalized at Brentwood twice, and BHC once, since his death. My boy just doesn't know how to deal with it. Jake on the other hand, is very non-emotional about it. He sheds a tear or two when we visit the cemetary, but then he's over it and ready to go. He's very...cold? indifferent? when we talk about George at home.

Life is...different... without George. I don't miss the fighting, or the affairs, or any of the "bad" stuff, but I miss talking to him. I miss the George I fell in love with. The George who cried the day our children were born and told me I looked beautiful right after delivering them. Sometimes I feel like Ryan, and wish with all my heart I could find a way to bring him back. Some way to go back in time and stop the events that happened in the wee hours of December 27.

However, I've met someone, James, who moved in with us in January of this year. Jake is all over him and I fear his memories of George may be receding quicker than Ry's. James loves me for who I am, what I am, and loves the boys as if they were his own. The fact that he's 22 to my 36 years of age, doesn't play much of a factor in the relationship, other than it feels awkward sometimes after being married to a man 9 years older than me.

I still haven't found an EMT job. They're pretty scarce, and with my legal issues, I worry that I won't find a job until those issues are resolved completely. I want to go back to paramedic school, but I don't have the $900 I owe the school for a failed attempt at paramedic school last year. I went back too soon after George's death, and wasn't really prepared to deal with life, much less drip rate calculations and IV lines. So I'm going to work on paying the school a little at a time and try next year. Meanwhile, the search for the perfect EMT job continues...

I do have a myspace... here and that's where I post most of my pictures. I haven't learned how to do youtube videos yet, or I'd have some of those too.

As far as Norrath and Everquest, I'm no longer a guide. Part of a long story that I don't feel like going into. I do miss it though. It seems that I've started an almost brand-new life that I didn't ask for, but I have no choice but to make the best of.

And life rolls on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boredom....

Boredom is setting in, I've been on the phones for an hour and no calls. I know it'll be back to back here in a couple of hours, so I'm enjoying the peace while I can. I'm currently debating whether or not I have time to rip off my headset, dash to pee, and get back before a call comes in. My luck, probably not. And I don't want to waste my precious break time. I save that for when the call flow is heavy LOL I really do like my job. Seriously. This is like THE job to have. Sitting at home, just listening to customers whine and bitch about their internet. Having a smoke, having some wine. Just kickin back and relaxing. Sometimes I can't believe I get paid to do this. And of course I worry that the project I'm on is gonna come to a screeching halt one day. But with the current call volume the way it is, and predicted to get higher by winter, I doubt it. There are some agents that have been on this project for 2 years. So it doesn't look like it's going

We got it! We got it!

Today's date was hovering over me like a rain cloud. I could barely sleep last night, wondering what today would portend. Today was the day we would get "the call." The call that would change our lives. The call that would tell us whether we got approved for a new house or not. 10 a.m. No phone call. 11 a.m. I called and left a message. 12:37pm, she called. I answered the phone with a hitch in my breath and fevered prayer to God. She sounded happy when she said Hello. Good sign. Then I heard the magical words "You're approved!" But there was a catch. We weren't approved for a brand new home, the one we'd painstakingly chosen flooring and wallcovering for. We'd been approved for a repo. Neither Bruce nor myself realized there was another option besides approval or denial. The repos are all in great shape, like brand new, and we can even use our first-time home buyer's credit as a downpayment. So now all we have to do is get the property tax in

Just...Wow....

I've been here since 2004. 5 years. I didn't realize I'd been blogging that long. I don't think anyone reads my blogs anymore but that's ok. I like to come back for sentimentality sake. I'm heartbroken that ALL of my private diary I had saved on my hard drive was obliterated a month ago as the hard drive died a slow and painful death. Normally they can get the information off the drive by mounting it on their server, but the drive wouldn't respond. Period. It was cold dead. Which means I lost pictures and documents from about 2007 onwards. Highly treasured photos at that. Maybe it's for the best that my kids don't read all that garbage I used to write about George. Entries upon entries of disgust, contempt, borderline hate. Maybe it is better to just put it all behind me and let them have what little memory of him they have left. Jake has no memory of him hardly at all, and Ry remembers very little. The memories will fade as they get older, I'm c