Skip to main content

Getting closer...

It seems like a decade ago that I wrote "We got it! We got it!" meaning the house. We have been through SO many paperwork hoops and such that we're both ready to just be done with the whole thing. A few days ago, I was put in touch with the title company, who will handle the deed and title for the land, and had to fill out a questionnaire, because my dad's "estate" was not probated, it just automatically went to my mom. Legally, that's not good enough for them, it has to be in her name in order for her to deed it to us. I filled out the questionnaire and sent them a copy of the death certificate, and the lady said that's all she needed to get the paperwork drawn up.

I can't file my taxes until the 15th (this Saturday) so I can have the money to pay the guy to move the house. Can't move the house until we close on the new one. There are times when I feel so overwhelmed. The idea of packing again...ugh. Thank God for Bruce or I'd never make it. He's the roommate I met on USM. It's been almost a year since he moved in, and it's been...interesting... We've had our share of ups and downs and hard times, but still we remain like brother and sister. Sometimes we just need to get away from this house and have some breathing room separately.

I'm still working my at-home job with Cloud 10. I love the job, but there are days it drives me nuts. I got moved out of the New Jersey region and into the "Beltway" region which covers Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia and occasionally DC. Virginia and WV folks are simply the sweetest people on earth to talk to. They just don't get riled up at all, and if they do, it's easy enough to calm them back down. Maryland folks, particularly Baltimore, on the other hand, make me miss the New Jersey region. After 9 hours of being screamed at, it takes me 2 hours to calm down enough to fall asleep. We're allegedly getting more reps for that region, but I haven't seen it yet. The days where the calls are non-stop are the ones that wear me down the most. But I have a great supervisor I can vent to! I switched teams about a month or so ago, and I was hesitant to leave my old team, but I'm so glad I did now! I absolutely love my supervisor! If I have to switch from her, I just might quit! Seriously!

Well, I've lost 65 pounds, and have 40 more to go. I donated a lot of my clothes to Goodwill because they were just way too big for me. Now I have a much smaller selection of clothes, but I'm not buying any more until I reach my goal weight. Santa Bruce bought me a Wii for Christmas, and as soon as we get the new house set up, I'm setting up the Wii and getting myself a Wii Fit to work out with. Just diet alone is not going to drop the remaining 40 lbs. Time to get active!

Ryan has been slowly mainstreamed back into half a day at the regular campus. He goes for 3 classes, then spends the rest of the day at the special school. In a couple more weeks they're going to add another class, and keep doing that every 3 weeks until he's fully mainstreamed. So far I've been pleased with his progress, and he seems much happier. No meltdowns, nothing other than standard sibling stuff.

I suppose it's time for me to go to bed now, or at least attempt to get some sleep. I'm yawning like mad, but I know as soon as I fall into bed I'll be awake for 2 hours trying to go to sleep. Yay me.

Have a great week yall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We got it! We got it!

Today's date was hovering over me like a rain cloud. I could barely sleep last night, wondering what today would portend. Today was the day we would get "the call." The call that would change our lives. The call that would tell us whether we got approved for a new house or not. 10 a.m. No phone call. 11 a.m. I called and left a message. 12:37pm, she called. I answered the phone with a hitch in my breath and fevered prayer to God. She sounded happy when she said Hello. Good sign. Then I heard the magical words "You're approved!" But there was a catch. We weren't approved for a brand new home, the one we'd painstakingly chosen flooring and wallcovering for. We'd been approved for a repo. Neither Bruce nor myself realized there was another option besides approval or denial. The repos are all in great shape, like brand new, and we can even use our first-time home buyer's credit as a downpayment. So now all we have to do is get the property tax in

Boredom....

Boredom is setting in, I've been on the phones for an hour and no calls. I know it'll be back to back here in a couple of hours, so I'm enjoying the peace while I can. I'm currently debating whether or not I have time to rip off my headset, dash to pee, and get back before a call comes in. My luck, probably not. And I don't want to waste my precious break time. I save that for when the call flow is heavy LOL I really do like my job. Seriously. This is like THE job to have. Sitting at home, just listening to customers whine and bitch about their internet. Having a smoke, having some wine. Just kickin back and relaxing. Sometimes I can't believe I get paid to do this. And of course I worry that the project I'm on is gonna come to a screeching halt one day. But with the current call volume the way it is, and predicted to get higher by winter, I doubt it. There are some agents that have been on this project for 2 years. So it doesn't look like it's going

Just...Wow....

I've been here since 2004. 5 years. I didn't realize I'd been blogging that long. I don't think anyone reads my blogs anymore but that's ok. I like to come back for sentimentality sake. I'm heartbroken that ALL of my private diary I had saved on my hard drive was obliterated a month ago as the hard drive died a slow and painful death. Normally they can get the information off the drive by mounting it on their server, but the drive wouldn't respond. Period. It was cold dead. Which means I lost pictures and documents from about 2007 onwards. Highly treasured photos at that. Maybe it's for the best that my kids don't read all that garbage I used to write about George. Entries upon entries of disgust, contempt, borderline hate. Maybe it is better to just put it all behind me and let them have what little memory of him they have left. Jake has no memory of him hardly at all, and Ry remembers very little. The memories will fade as they get older, I'm c