Skip to main content

It's been HOW long??? Day-um.

Poor little bloggie sitting over here all alone. Wow things have changed muchly since the last post. I got the Cast From Hell removed, I never thought scratching a simple itch could be near-orgasmic. Good news is, the the foot has HEALED!!! Last x-rays showed complete fusion of the bones, which is what SHOULD have happened after the 2nd surgery from Dr. Hatchett (not his real name, duh). I've also left my job at the call center, there's only so much idiocy I can listen to in a year, and I found a better-paying, less stressful job anyways. So I guess it doesn't matter if I slip every now and then when I'm typing 90 wpm (yes, that's right) and slip in my name or my kiddo's name by accident.
Just got back from an autism conference in Austin. My brain is about 3 times the size it was before with the sheer volume of information I tried to absorb. Thank God for the 200-lb notebook they gave us with copies of all the slides and room for notes! Helluva time lugging THAT thing around. Stayed at the Omni, and I just gotta say "DAMN what a hotel!!" They majorly screwed up my reservation, and we ended up getting a room on the executive floor out of it. Works for me. Specially that mini-bar. Shame I don't drink or I would've been toast. Snagged a little bottle of gin just cause it was pretty, it's now in residence in my curio cabinet. Someone might enjoy a sip o'that in about 50 years LOL! Jacuzzi tub was nice, I'm planning on installing one of those babies as soon as I have a master bathroom set up.
Well, sat R down today and, having decided it was time, explained Asperger's Syndrome to him. I thought he was gonna freak and go off on a "I'm gonna die" meltdown, but he took it pretty well. Picked up a nifty little workbook at the conference geared towards the child, and it helped me answer some questions I didn't even know he had. Some "friends" were fairly mean to him today, and he was upset, so The Dad made a call to one of the boy's dads, who happens to be our Cubmaster. I think the sitch will resolve itself. If not, Mama is gonna jump in next. My mom and dad had the kids over the weekend, and sent R to school in a new t-shirt with the silly little wal-mart size tag sticker doo-hickey still attached down the side, and the poor bub never even noticed. Apparently that was the reason for the "your clothes are stupid" comment from his "friends." Let me say now that I am ashamed that I grew up in this school. With a few exceptions, they do very little for the autistic child, or most any child with special needs. Perchance I can afford the Christian school in a nearby town soon, and it will become a non-issue. I hate to change his life in such a drastic manner, but I think he would be happier in the long run. Anyone from Gilmer ISD, let me say this: YOUR SCHOOL SUCKS!!!!!! How things have changed since I graduated in 89. Methinks I will be popping in for a visit to share one of the books I bought, with Ryan's class, when he's away in one of his resource classes.
Life still goes on in Norrath, I'm now a guide on one of the servers there. Still playing Taliyahna mostly on Karana, although it's a pain in the arse to find a decent group at level 54. Wizards, for all their firepower, simply aren't the most desired class around. Screw 'em when they ask me for help then, is now my motto.
I guess I'll add more later as I remember it. At least this time I remembered to bookmark the page to get back to it. And thanks to Terra for the post which reminded me I had a blog hiding over here!
Love peace and Cheerios,
Da Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boredom....

Boredom is setting in, I've been on the phones for an hour and no calls. I know it'll be back to back here in a couple of hours, so I'm enjoying the peace while I can. I'm currently debating whether or not I have time to rip off my headset, dash to pee, and get back before a call comes in. My luck, probably not. And I don't want to waste my precious break time. I save that for when the call flow is heavy LOL I really do like my job. Seriously. This is like THE job to have. Sitting at home, just listening to customers whine and bitch about their internet. Having a smoke, having some wine. Just kickin back and relaxing. Sometimes I can't believe I get paid to do this. And of course I worry that the project I'm on is gonna come to a screeching halt one day. But with the current call volume the way it is, and predicted to get higher by winter, I doubt it. There are some agents that have been on this project for 2 years. So it doesn't look like it's going

We got it! We got it!

Today's date was hovering over me like a rain cloud. I could barely sleep last night, wondering what today would portend. Today was the day we would get "the call." The call that would change our lives. The call that would tell us whether we got approved for a new house or not. 10 a.m. No phone call. 11 a.m. I called and left a message. 12:37pm, she called. I answered the phone with a hitch in my breath and fevered prayer to God. She sounded happy when she said Hello. Good sign. Then I heard the magical words "You're approved!" But there was a catch. We weren't approved for a brand new home, the one we'd painstakingly chosen flooring and wallcovering for. We'd been approved for a repo. Neither Bruce nor myself realized there was another option besides approval or denial. The repos are all in great shape, like brand new, and we can even use our first-time home buyer's credit as a downpayment. So now all we have to do is get the property tax in

Just...Wow....

I've been here since 2004. 5 years. I didn't realize I'd been blogging that long. I don't think anyone reads my blogs anymore but that's ok. I like to come back for sentimentality sake. I'm heartbroken that ALL of my private diary I had saved on my hard drive was obliterated a month ago as the hard drive died a slow and painful death. Normally they can get the information off the drive by mounting it on their server, but the drive wouldn't respond. Period. It was cold dead. Which means I lost pictures and documents from about 2007 onwards. Highly treasured photos at that. Maybe it's for the best that my kids don't read all that garbage I used to write about George. Entries upon entries of disgust, contempt, borderline hate. Maybe it is better to just put it all behind me and let them have what little memory of him they have left. Jake has no memory of him hardly at all, and Ry remembers very little. The memories will fade as they get older, I'm c