Skip to main content

Camping? Sure why not!

Yeehaw. It's good ol' scout camping time, Mom n Me style...leaving at the buttcrack of dawn to be exact, long before any human being under the age of 99 should be forced to awaken (do old people wake up early because they're afraid they'll wake up dead if they dont? :P )...traipsing off to camp, activities here there and yonder, some marshmallows and weenies over the fire, sleep, upsy-daisy, chapel and breakfast and back home. At least I learned from last year. Mama Cubs out there, HEAR MY CALL. You simply must have some essentials. First and foremost, a wagon. Yep, good ol' Radio Flyer. Do not attempt to walk 3 f'ing miles to your campsite toting everything you own plus the shit your kid gets tired of carrying 2 minutes into the hike. Spend the buckage and get a wagon. Nextly (wtf was that word?), get thyself an inflatable air bed. Screw the sleeping on the ground crap. NO sleeping bag is that soft. I'm too young to wake up feeling like I'm a 2X4 trying to bend and stand. And for God's sake don't forget the 2000% DEET bug repellent, or you will hear the scratching and whining of your beloved monster for days. Not to mention your own itching and whining, which only compounds the irritation of listening to it from someone else. DEET cause cancer, they say? Yeah maybe when I'm 100 but who the hell CARES then??? Everything kills us, it's life. It's only temporary, deal with it.
Violate camp policy. Bring wine. Wine coolers. Whatever. After what you will experience, you will need it. And the kids don't care, and can't read in the dark anyways. Give em some sticks and bags o'marshamallows and weenies, tell em not to fall in that huge-ass fire pit, and kick back and relax amongst thyselves. Gossip, talk about how much men suck, throw the girls with the perfect husbands and lives into the aforementioned fire from hell, and laugh. Lots. It's a long night on that ground. Especially if you have a fraidy cat as a tent-sharer. I spent last year with R glued to my ass all night, not only because we were idiots and thought "hey it's warm now, it'll stay that way all night" to discover it dropped to NINETY BELOW ZERO in a few hours, but also because he was afraid of the dark. Well so am I but I know that there are no bears, everyone in our den was within screaming distance, and I have pepper spray and a really big freaking flashlight. He spent 30 minutes making sure the tent was zipped down to the last tooth "just so nothing would get in" (besides the BUGS you mean????) and then became like the hunch on Notre Dame's back to my backside. Kids, gotta love em. Yes, you do. Not only because they're life's miracles, but if you don't, then you're a sucky human being who deserves the evils of CPS upon your life.
Anyway, ye shalt notice I changed a few things about this blog..removed most identifying details n such..I just got finished reading over at www.dooce.com and that really blows. She got fired for her PERSONAL blog! I hope I never work for a company that invades upon private space like that. Just the same, I don't need someone who I speak to, or a fellow employee, getting pissy and deciding to email my supervisor.
Anyhoodles....I suppose it's time to go to bed so I can wake up earlier than God himself and hope I can remember how to start the car and drive in a straight line. Just follow the lines, just follow the lines...
*smooch* to my Sparky ;)
"Da Mom"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boredom....

Boredom is setting in, I've been on the phones for an hour and no calls. I know it'll be back to back here in a couple of hours, so I'm enjoying the peace while I can. I'm currently debating whether or not I have time to rip off my headset, dash to pee, and get back before a call comes in. My luck, probably not. And I don't want to waste my precious break time. I save that for when the call flow is heavy LOL I really do like my job. Seriously. This is like THE job to have. Sitting at home, just listening to customers whine and bitch about their internet. Having a smoke, having some wine. Just kickin back and relaxing. Sometimes I can't believe I get paid to do this. And of course I worry that the project I'm on is gonna come to a screeching halt one day. But with the current call volume the way it is, and predicted to get higher by winter, I doubt it. There are some agents that have been on this project for 2 years. So it doesn't look like it's going

We got it! We got it!

Today's date was hovering over me like a rain cloud. I could barely sleep last night, wondering what today would portend. Today was the day we would get "the call." The call that would change our lives. The call that would tell us whether we got approved for a new house or not. 10 a.m. No phone call. 11 a.m. I called and left a message. 12:37pm, she called. I answered the phone with a hitch in my breath and fevered prayer to God. She sounded happy when she said Hello. Good sign. Then I heard the magical words "You're approved!" But there was a catch. We weren't approved for a brand new home, the one we'd painstakingly chosen flooring and wallcovering for. We'd been approved for a repo. Neither Bruce nor myself realized there was another option besides approval or denial. The repos are all in great shape, like brand new, and we can even use our first-time home buyer's credit as a downpayment. So now all we have to do is get the property tax in

Just...Wow....

I've been here since 2004. 5 years. I didn't realize I'd been blogging that long. I don't think anyone reads my blogs anymore but that's ok. I like to come back for sentimentality sake. I'm heartbroken that ALL of my private diary I had saved on my hard drive was obliterated a month ago as the hard drive died a slow and painful death. Normally they can get the information off the drive by mounting it on their server, but the drive wouldn't respond. Period. It was cold dead. Which means I lost pictures and documents from about 2007 onwards. Highly treasured photos at that. Maybe it's for the best that my kids don't read all that garbage I used to write about George. Entries upon entries of disgust, contempt, borderline hate. Maybe it is better to just put it all behind me and let them have what little memory of him they have left. Jake has no memory of him hardly at all, and Ry remembers very little. The memories will fade as they get older, I'm c